Saturday 3 December 2011

This Week's Etsy Stock Take



My new Etsy shop plan for improving sales and SEO.

I've had so much fun setting up my Etsy shop in the last year or so and watching the number of views growing. However my view to sale ratio is not very good... Add to that my lack of inspiration in the last month or so that has seen no new stock enter the shop. Now this is just a hobby, but I would like to see it paying for itself!

The plan:

Here's my plan. I aim to create at least one new thing for my shop each week. I will post my tally of new items on my blog each weekend so I have a record of my progress. Regularly updated sites get priority in search engine results, don't you know? I've seen a definite decline in views with my shop stagnating.

Join me:

I hope that you fellow Etsian's will join me, somewhat in the manner of a blog hop.

On Sunday, when I post my new shop stock, please write a new post on your blog, showcasing your new items. Title it Etsy Stock Take and link back here.

Then leave a comment with a link to your post so that we all know how you're doing! I might even feature my favourite items in future posts! And I will compile a list of participants.

Not a blogger? No problem, simply leave me a comment with links that go to your new items in your Etsy shop. 

I'm hoping that my goal of one item a week will be a powerful motivator and a source of promotion for us all...
 
What do you think?

This week's new Etsy item is pictured above. It's a pretty little rose brooch.


1 comment:

  1. http://www.etsy.com/listing/89830971/wall-art-typography-print-inspirational

    I added an inspirational print that had been jingling about in my head.

    I blogged about it here.

    http://batesmercantileco.blogspot.com/2012/01/thought-for-new-year-and-freeform.html

    Thanks for asking. Love the colors you used in your brooch Kat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...