Sunday 16 October 2011

Diane von Furstenburg.

To be read...
This woman is as well known as Vivian Westwood yet the only knowledge I have of her designs is that famous wrap dress, the one from the 70's that never really went away.






17/10/11
Ok, now I've had time to read the article I can report that that while I can't condone the lifestyle that inspired this dress, I am in favour of designing that is tailored to suit individuals and fit the way they live. This seems lacking in today's off the peg, nothing really fits properly, throw it away tomorrow and buy something else fashion scene.

Oh and this is a fabulous quote from Diane von Furstenburg: "Women design clothes for women to wear. Men design costumes."

0 things you've said:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...